RPAS User Group
The RPAS User Group is an annual meeting that brings together Member States and Agency representatives from the European Border and Coast Guard Agency (also known as FRONTEX), the European Fisheries Control Agency (EFCA) and the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). The aim is to present the current and planned RPAS operations, to review the available RPAS capabilities and to share the procedure for Member States or Agencies to request the EMSA RPAS service. The meeting is a good way to gather lessons learned and suggestions for the future.
The aim of the closing workshop was to present to EU Member States representatives and stakeholders the activities developed by the three EU Agencies EFCA, FRONTEX and EMSA, under the pilot project “Creation of an European coastguard function”. This included a detailed presetation and video of the RPAS demo which took place in Spain in May 2017.
The objective of the RPAS Demonstration was to show that Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) can support operational maritime surveillance. To do so, different concept of operations for multipurpose state-of-the-art RPAS missions were tested in the form of a coastguard multipurpose operation in order to show EU Member States representatives and other EU authorities an effective support to the tasks of the three EU Agencies EFCA; FRONTEX and EMSA.
- Preliminary Market Consultation - RPAS Data Center Questionnaire
- [deadline extended] Preliminary Market consultation on Artificial Intelligence (AI) for RPAS (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems)
- [Deadline Extended] Preliminary Market Consultation
- RPAS Service Portfolio: Multipurpose Maritime Surveillance
- RPAS Service Portfolio: Ship Emission Monitoring
- RPAS Service Portfolio: Marine Pollution Monitoring & Detection
- RPAS DC Service – Preliminary Market Consultation
- THETIS-MRV: A look at the first reporting period of CO2 emissions data