Acting in full compliance with all relevant statutory laws and regulations, EMSA management affirms its commitment to develop, implement and promote a quality culture aiming to fulfil the stakeholders’ requirements and expectations.
This Quality Policy provides the framework for establishing the EMSA QMS and associated quality objectives, the processes set-up to achieve the objectives and the monitoring and review measures to ensure the effectiveness of the system and its continual improvement. Following a coherent Plan-Do-Check-Act management cycle, the EMSA QMS is integrated and aligned with other key management strategies and tools, such as the Agency multi-annual strategy and the single programming document, budgetary and financial management, ICS and risk management policy, EMSA ICT Strategy and ITIL procedures, EMAS, public procurement rules, and human resources management.
EMSA QMS is developed in compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Standard and covers all services delivered by the Agency to external users.
The main quality objectives of the EMSA QMS are:
- The development of a structured framework supporting the qualitative execution of activities to ensure that deliverables are meeting the mandatory requirements, the agreed outputs and customers’ expectations;
- To support the EC and the Member States in the harmonised implementation of Union maritime law by providing objective, evidence-based evaluations of the implementation status;
- To provide added-value maritime information services for the European and International customers;
- Providing capacity building services to EU/EFTA MSs and to third countries upon EC request;
- To support the achievement of a safe, secure and sustainable maritime transportation;
- To establish a framework for formal review of our performance for continual improvement purposes;
In addition of these high-level QMS objectives, each process statement includes specific objectives (output) and associated KPIs used to measure and monitor the performance on a quarterly basis. The regular monitoring and reporting are complemented by annually, or when-ever needed, management review process to ensure the effectiveness of the system.
Necessary resources and facilities, including proper knowledge, training, communication means and suitable working environment, are made available to support the effective implementation of the QMS at all levels of the organisation. Taking the leadership of EMSA QMS, the ED is the driving force for ensuring the effective implementation through personal commitment and involvement, regular auditing and reviewing of processes; building staff motivation; ensuring stakeholders’ active involvement in defining and evaluating EMSA services and ultimately taking the responsibility for validation and releasing of deliverables.
Achieving this policy and objectives requires involvement of all staff members who are individually responsible for the quality of their work and for promoting a culture of continual improvement working environment.
This policy was communicated to the stakeholders and is publicly available on the Agency website. The policy will be reviewed whenever needed to ensure alignment with the work programme and associated objectives.
This Policy is issued by the EMSA Executive Director and can be used also as a stand-alone QMS document, if needed.